Homemade Teriyaki Sauce (Low Sugar + Paleo Friendly)
Recipe by Meg van der Kruik for California Prunes
This easy homemade Teriyaki Sauce recipe uses prune pureé in place of refined sugars. Keep a batch on hand to whip up delicious meals that you can feel good about serving to your family. Need some inspo? Be sure to check out our recipe for Chicken Teriyaki Bowls!
- ⅓ cup Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons prune puree
Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes until reduced and slightly thickened.
Paleo option: Substitute coconut aminos for the Tamari.