- 6 California Prunes
- 4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 piece of roasted red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6-8 green olives, pitted and cut in half
- 2 anchovy fillets, sliced crosswise thinly
- 1 small clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts, toasted & roughly chopped
- 4 mint leaves, chiffonade (thinly sliced)
- 4 flat-leaf parsley leaves, thinly sliced
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Pinch of smoked salt
- Pinch of Aleppo pepper or black pepper
- 12 slices of bruschetta toast, or toasted baguette
- Manchego cheese
Slice the prunes thinly and place them in a small bowl. Drizzle the prunes with olive oil, tossing to separate the prune slices.
Add bell pepper, olives, anchovy, garlic, and capers. Stir gently to combine and allow to sit for 15 minutes or for several hours to meld flavors.
Before serving, stir in the walnuts mint, and parsley. Season to taste with a squeeze of lemon juice, smoked salt, and Aleppo or black pepper.
Heap the mixture onto the bruschetta toasts. Using a vegetable peeler, shave thin slices of Manchego cheese over the toasts.