Chocolate Mug Cake
Recipe by Meg van der Kruik for California Prunes
Got five minutes? That’s all you need to whip up this individual Chocolate Mug Cake. This warm, gooey dessert is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 cup prune puree
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mini dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Combine the dry ingredients in a large, microwave-safe bowl and combine with a fork or a small whisk.
Add the liquid ingredients and stir until everything comes together. Add the chocolate chips and stir until just incorporated.
Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes and allow to cool, undisturbed in the microwave, for 1 minute more. Enjoy immediately.