- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) pitted Prunes
- Fillings: nuts, candied ginger, prepared almond paste or marzipan
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Toppings: chopped nuts, candied ginger pieces or candy decors
Cut slit into the side of each Prune and stuff with small piece or portion of filling as desired. Pinch to close; shape to form round shape. Set aside.
Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl, set in a pot of hot (not boiling) water over low heat; allow to melt, stirring occasionally until smooth. (Chocolate should be fluid and barely warm.) Remove from heat. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or wax paper. Using a fork, dip Prunes, 1 at a time, into chocolate; drain excess. Place on prepared baking sheet; decorate with toppings, as desired. Refrigerate immediately until set.
When chocolate has hardened, transfer to jars or containers for gift-giving. Store, covered, in a cool place, away from direct sun or heat.
Tip: Melted white chocolate can be drizzled over chocolate-dipped Prunes before adding toppings if desired.
- Calories 180
- Percent Calories From Fat50%
- Total Fat 10 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Protein 3 g
- Sodium 2 mg
- Carbohydrate 20 g
- Potassium 187 mg