Prune, Nut Butter, and Honey Sandwich
This Heritage Recipe was created by Clare Thompson, the daughter of Greg Thompson who represents California Prune growers through the Prune Bargaining Association. Clare came up with this Prune, Nut Butter, and Honey Sandwich when making lunch for her dad and brother as they were headed out to put bees in the orchard.
- Whole wheat honey bread
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Pitted prunes, cut in half
To make this sandwich, spread peanut butter on one slice, arranged pitted prune strips on top, drizzle with honey, cover with a second slice of bread, and enjoy!
More family recipes from California Prunes Growers:
- Spaghetti Sauce from the Mariani Family
- Old Fashioned Prune Cake from the Mitchell Family
- Chewy Oatmeal Cookies from the Bozzo family
- Traditional Sugar Plums Candy from the Loquaci Family (via G-Free Foodie)