- 1/4 cup strawberry jam (no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup California Prune puree
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 batch prepared gluten free pie crust dough (such as Bob’s Red Mill) made with butter or plant-based butter if desired
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter (plant based if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk (plant based if desired)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. For the filling, combine jam, California Prune puree, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
Prepare dough according to package instructions and chill for at least 30 minutes. Divide dough in half to make it easier to work with. Roll out each half of dough until it is about 1/8 of an inch thick. Next, using a 3-inch round cutter, punch out approximately 12 circles of pie crust from each half. To the center of half of the circles of dough, add approximately 2 teaspoons of filling and place another dough circle on top. Crimp around the edges with a fork. Repeat with all pies.
Beat egg and water together in small bowl and brush on the tops of the assembled pies. When all pies are egg-washed, use the tip of a sharp paring knife to cut a small “x” on the top of each pie to let the steam escape while baking.
Bake pies on rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats for 13-16 minutes or until pastry is golden on top and the bottoms are browned and crisp. Place on wire racks, and once cooled, drizzle with vanilla glaze.
To make the glaze, whisk together confectioner’s sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Add milk one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached for drizzling over pies.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden. For glaze, combine all ingredients and top onto pies.