Ricotta Toast with California Prune Jam
The creamy ricotta, crunchy bread, deeply spiced prune jam, and chopped peanuts make this toast taste like the most decadent, open-faced peanut butter and jelly sandwich imaginable. Enjoy this wonder created by Kat Turner, Chef Partner, Highly Likely Café, Los Angeles.
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 thick slices of bread, such as sourdough or country white
- 1 cup 5 Spice California Prune Jam
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons micro (or full-size) basil
- 1 teaspoon Korean chili flakes, or other chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon Maldon Salt (or any flaky sea salt)
Toast the bread. Smear with a generous helping of ricotta. Spoon the prune jam over the toast. Garnish with chopped peanuts, micro basil or basil ribbons. Sprinkle with Maldon salt and chili flakes.