Plummus is a great way to put a spin on the classic hummus. It’s the perfect snack that will have your friends and family asking for the recipe .
Recipe created by Leslie Bonci, MPH,RD, CSSD, LDN, for the California Prune Board.
- 2 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), with half of the liquid drained
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons Prune purée
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Add the garbanzo beans (with the remaining liquid) to a blender or food processor. Add the tahini, Prune purée, lemon juice, garlic, salt and spices. Blend until smooth. Serve with crackers, pita or vegetables.