Plummus is a great way to put a spin on classic hummus. It’s the perfect snack that will have your friends and family asking for the recipe. Recipe created by Leslie Bonci, MPH,RD, CSSD, LDN, for the California Prune Board.
- 2 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), with half of the liquid drained
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons Prune purée
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Add the garbanzo beans (with the remaining liquid) to a blender or food processor. Add the tahini, Prune purée, lemon juice, garlic, salt and spices. Blend until smooth.
Serve with crackers, pita or vegetables.