Pizzettas with California Prunes & Caramelized Onions
Using store-bought naan bread instead of making pizza dough is the time-saving secret of these pizzettas. We like to top these flatbreads with caramelized onions, goat cheese and California Prunes, then add a side salad for a great light lunch.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (6-inch) round tandoori naan
- 1 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) quartered California pitted Prunes
Heat oven to 400°F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until onions are soft. Add rosemary and thyme and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until onions are golden brown. Place naan on a baking sheet; spread 1/3 cup onion mixture on each naan, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup goat cheese and 1/4 Prunes. Bake about 5 minutes or until crust is golden and toppings are hot.
- Calories 464