- 1 1/2 cups California Prunes
- 3 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Cooking spray
Blend Prunes into a puree. In large bowl, beat together purée and egg whites until smooth. Add sugar and continue beating until mixed well. In another bowl sift together flour, ginger, allspice, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to mixture and blend. Fold in crystallized ginger. Shape dough into 1.5 tablespoon balls and place on a sprayed baking sheet. Slightly flatten cookies with moistened fingers, sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes in 375°F oven. Cool and serve.
Note: Cookies will keep in air-tight container for about 1 week.