1 cup divided California Prunes
6 tablespoons sugar
2 cups sifted cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12 inch bread panand set aside.
2. Make a prune puree by adding 1/3 cup of the dried plums to a small saucepan. Add enough water to cover the prunes. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until prunes are tender.
3. Remove prunes (reserving cooking liquid) and add to a food processor along with 1 1/2 tablespoon of reserved cooking liquid. Process until smooth. This should make 1/4 cup prune purée.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream 1/4 cup prune purée with sugar. Add egg and beat well.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating after each addition.
6. Chop remaining 2/3 cup prunes and stir them into the batter along with nuts.