- 2 pounds thin carrots, peeled
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspooon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pitted California Prunes (about 6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed
Cut carrots into 1-inch pieces on diagonal. Drop carrots into boiling salted water. Cook 5 minutes after they return to the boil or until tender but not mushy. Drain.
In large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, paprika, cinnamon, cumin and salt. Add carrots, Prunes and cilantro. Mix together gently. Mound in serving bowl or on 6 individual plates; sprinkle with sesame seed.
Find more recipes here.
- Calories 196
- Percent Calories From Fat29%
- Total Fat 6 g
- Fiber 6 g
- Protein 3 g
- Sodium 206 mg
- Carbohydrate 34 g
- Potassium 711 mg