California Harvest Stuffing
This savory cornbread California Harvest Stuffing with prunes, sausage, pecans, and sage goes great with roast turkey, but it’s so good you’ll want to serve it year-round with pork, chicken, or even on its own.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (about 9 ounces) chopped California Prunes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound fresh turkey sausage or reduced-fat pork sausage (casings removed), cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 box (6 ounces) cornbread stuffing mix (about 2 1/4 cups)
In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add Prunes, onion, sausage, pecans, parsley, and herbs; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add broth and sherry; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in stuffing mix (with seasoning packet) until moistened. Cover; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: To toast pecans, arrange in even layer on baking sheet. Bake in 350°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Enjoy this California Harvest Stuffing for all of your holiday dinners! Find more holiday recipes here.
- Calories 332
- Percent Calories From Fat41%
- Total Fat 15 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 8 g
- Sodium 803 mg
- Cholesterol 33 mg
- Carbohydrate 41 g
- Potassium 716 mg